Your water heater may be one of the appliances in your home you take for granted — until it stops working and you wind up in a chilly shower. The hot water heater comes about as close to being maintenance-free as any household appliance. Once it is properly installed and set to the right temperature, very little is required to keep it functioning efficiently for a long time. However, there are a few steps you should take to prevent leaks and to ensure your water heater maintains it’s efficiency.
- Make sure that you turn off the heater. It does not matter whether your water heater is gas or electric make sure to turn off the heater the night before. If for some reason you cannot turn off your heater the night before, turn it off at least 30 minutes before you start maintenance.
- Inspect the water heater for any leaks. To spot leaks, use a mix of warm water and dish soap. Once you have the solution ready, apply it on the pipes and joints of your water heater while looking out for bubbles. If you see any bubbles after applying the solution, it means that your water heater has leaks.
- Make sure to check all the valves. Check the temperature and pressure valves of your water heater before you start maintenance work. Lift the lever slowly until you hear the sound of water flowing into the drain tube.
- Make sure to drain the water of your water heater. You can drain the water by closing the incoming water valve and connecting a hose to the drain valve. Once you do the two mentioned tasks, you can let the water from your heater drain. Make sure to open a hot water faucet in your house for proper air circulation.
- Once you have drained the water, make sure to remove any buildup that remains. To find any buildup left behind after draining, find the clean hole and use a torch to peer inside. Locate any soot, dust, or sediment that may have accumulated or left behind after draining. Once you find any sediment, soot, or dust, use hot water to remove them.
- Once you have removed the buildup, make sure to refill the water heater. Close all of the valves and turn on the water to refill the heater.
- Lower the temperature. Reducing the temperature of your water heater helps you conserve energy.
Water heater maintenance is easy, so be sure to perform this routine upkeep to maintain the valve functioning effectively too! If you have other serious troubles throughout this water heater upkeep process we highly suggest you to contact a water heater expert. Call to get a free water heater inspection by a licensed vjazaniedljadoma.ru professional anywhere in the Houston area. We will evaluate your water heater’s condition, recommend the best solution, and provide a free quote. All vjazaniedljadoma.ru technicians are licensed professionals.